August 2014 Newsletter
It's August already! While we all come to terms with how this has happened, keep up with what the Maslaha team has been getting up to the past eight months here.
- The launch of a new website, islamandfeminism.org, which prompted a debate, both nationally and beyond, about what feminism in Islam can mean to different people
- The continuation of our work with young Muslim offenders in East London in the run-up to an event around the project in September
- The launch of our campaign to tackle high rates of hepatitis B and C amongst the British Pakistani population. For more information see our online resource with short films - understandhepbandc.org
- Raheel led sessions around negotiating risk and innovation at the Social Innovation Exchange Summer School in May
- Maslaha contributed an article to Public Spirit on 'Understanding the complete patient: faith and mental health'
- Practical advice from medical/faith perspectives for people fasting in Ramadan with Diabetes
- The Rev'Elles association which was jointly set up by Maslaha and partners in Paris in 2013 to work to raise aspiration among young women from the Parisian suburbs won an award in a national competition!
Read the newsletter to find out more...